DWORP (Brussels, Belgium)
25 – 30 August 2019
From intermediate to advanced level
Gear up and switch to a higher level!
You can share your passion with musicians from all ages and coming from all places.
There is no better experience than actually jamming alongside your musical peers, who are also passionate about pop, funk, rock and other music styles.
08.30 – 09.00: Breakfast
09.00 – 10.30: Instrumental (or vocal) classes
10.30 – 11.00: Break
11.00 – 12.30: Instrumental (or vocal) classes
12.30 – 13.00: Lunch
13.00 – 14.00: Break
14.00 – 15.30: Combo
15.30 – 16.00: Break
16.00 – 18.00: Combo
18.00 – 19.00: Dinner and break
19.00 – 21.00: Theory classes
21.00 – 22.00: Workshops
19.00 – 24.00: Jams
Instrumental (or vocal) classes:
In total 3 hours a day!
During the instrumental lessons and vocal classes you will learn more on improvisation, technique, soloing, accompanying (if applicable), theory, interpretation and repertoire.
- Do you want to reach perfectionism on your instrument?
- Do you waste practice time?
- Do you want to optimize your practicing on your instrument? Get some new tips & tricks and exercises?
- Does your playing not sound like what you hear on recordings?
- What is the best gear for me?
- Do you want to have class with the professionals from the upper league?
- Does amazing instrumental technique seem not attainable?
Experienced teachers, mostly two for each instrument group, will coach you individually during group sessions.
Piano, Synths & Keys: Dominique Vantomme
Horns: Frank Deruytter
Guitar: Patrick Steenaerts
Vocals: Kristen Cornwell, Oljana Weyler
Bass: Christophe Devisscher
Drums: Wouter Van Tornhout
! All clinicians have to bring their own instruments!
Piano players: keyboard/electronic piano with amplification
Vocalists: microphone with small p.a. or amplification
Horn players: your instrument
Guitarists: guitar with amplification
Bass players: bass guitar with amplification
Drummers: drum set with carpet to protect the floor
In total 3,5 hours a day!
Instrument teachers – all active as musicians – will take the lead during the combo sessions and you will learn more about form, style, groove, sound, bleding, arrangement, solos, and songs and much more.
- Want to play with others and learn to know other musicians?
- Does your grooving still need some improvement?
- Want to learn new styles?
- Are you more a ‘classical’ musician and want to learn how to play jazz?
- From starter over intermediate to advanced level?
Every clinician will take part in these combo sessions. Combos consist of a rhythm section (synths/keys, guitar, bass and drums) with a horn player and singer. You will learn to apply techniques, learned during the instrumental classes, in a practical setting. There will be some 9 combos, which stand for the same amount of different levels.
The combo formations and instrumental classes will be based on the participants’ individual level. Every player will be tested during the first instrumental classes to find out about his/her individual level. So it is best to prepare one or more pieces in advance.
We improve musical talent! Learning and playing in a group inspires musical talent!
theory for beginners and theory for more advanced clinicians
- Being a beginner and in need for more theoretical knowledge to understand more about pop?
- Is music theory still dark matter?
- What is a blues scale? A pentatonic lick?
- Want to know more about the history of jazz?
- Always wanted to reach for higher music education and need some extra help?
- Heard about dominants but don’t know what they are?
- Is theory always boring?
- Will the understanding of progressions improve your playing?
For all classes a syllabus with the topics (and much more) will be available.
After the theory classes you can still continue: 3 evenings with extra workshops
- Music notation software: MuseScore and Sibelius
- Play along programs: iRealPro and Band in a Box
- Sequencing: GarageBand and Reaper
- Combination of these software programmes
- Poppunt: Promotion & Social Media
Jam with former clinicians and participants.
Every evening most rooms will be open until Midnight. So you can use them for jamming, in different combinations, with or without guidance, with students or teaching staff.
- Want to jam into the early hours?
- Under guidance of the teachers?
- Together with some of the teachers?
- Do you want to play with participants from a different level or in another music style?
On Thursday there is the traditional staff concert and the clinic ends with the final concert of all combos. Of course, family members and friends are welcome at this concert, starting 7:30PM at the Destelheide bar!
Any doubts concerning your level to participate? Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Starting at the age of 15
From August 25th until 30rd
Sunday August 25th at 10.00 (coffee break at 10.30!)
Thursday 29th August after the student concert or Friday August 30rd after breakfast
Concerts at the Destelheide bar:
Teachers concert: Thursday August 29th at 4:00PM
Participants final concert: Thursday August 29th at 7:30PM
Place to be:
1653 Dworp (Brussels, Belgium)
Maarten & Mies Weyler
!! Don’t forget to bring your instruments!!
super early birds
registered & paid after 31/03/19
student (-22 j.)
late night sessions
19u. – 22u.
ERIC BOSTEELS – KRISTEN CORNWELL – PETER DE PAEPE – FRANK DERRUYTER – CHRISTOPHE DEVISSCHER – PATRICK DORCEAN – BERT EMBRECHTS – WANNES GONNISSEN – SENNE GUNS – SYLVI LANE – TOM LODEWYCKX – HERVE MARTENS – BRUNO MEEUS – ERIC MELAERTS – CARLO MUERINGEN – CHARLES NAGTZAAM – STIJN NORGA – VINCENT PIERINS – KOBE PROESMANS – MICHAEL SCHACK – RAF SCHILLEBEECKX – PATRICK STEENAERTS – JOOST VAN DEN BROECK – DOMINIQUE VANTOMME – WOUTER VAN TORNHOUT – SOFIE VERBRUGGEN – BERT VERSCHUEREN – OLJANA WEYLER – MAARTEN WEYLER