Destelheide, DWORP (Brussels, Belgium)
25 – 30 August 2024
From intermediate to advanced level
Only places remaining for 3 wind instrument players…
Gear up and switch to a higher level!
You can share your passion with musicians of all ages and coming from all places.
There is no better experience than actually jamming alongside your musical peers, who are also passionate about pop, funk, rock, and other music styles.
08.30 – 09.00: Breakfast
09.00 – 10.30: Instrumental (or vocal) classes
10.30 – 11.00: Break
11.00 – 12.30: Instrumental (or vocal) classes
12.30 – 13.00: Lunch
13.00 – 14.00: Break
14.00 – 15.30: Combo
15.30 – 16.00: Break
16.00 – 18.00: Combo
18.00 – 19.00: Dinner and break
19.00 – 21.00: Theory classes
21.00 – 22.00: Workshops
19.00 – 24.00: Jams
Instrumental (or vocal) classes:
In total 3 hours a day!
During the instrumental lessons and vocal classes, you will learn more about improvisation, technique, soloing, accompanying (if applicable), theory, interpretation, and repertoire.
- Do you want to reach perfectionism on your instrument?
- Do you waste practice time?
- Do you want to optimize your practice on your instrument? Get some new tips & tricks and exercises?
- Does your playing not sound like what you hear on recordings?
- What is the best gear for me?
- Do you want to have a class with the professionals from the upper league?
- Does amazing instrumental technique seem not attainable?
! All clinicians have to bring their own instruments!
Piano players: keyboard/electronic piano with amplification
Vocalists: microphone with small p.a. or amplification & music stand
Horn players: your instrument & music stand
Guitarists: guitar with amplification & music stand
Bass players: bass guitar with amplification & music stand
Drummers: drum set with carpet to protect the floor & music stand
In total 3,5 hours a day!
Instrument teachers – all active as musicians – will take the lead during the combo sessions and you will learn more about form, style, groove, sound, blending, arrangement, solos, songs, and much more.
- Want to play with others and learn to know other musicians?
- Does your grooving still need some improvement?
- Want to learn new styles?
- Are you more of a ‘classical’ musician and want to learn how to play jazz?
- From starter over the intermediate to an advanced level?
Every clinician will take part in these combo sessions. Combos consist of a rhythm section (synths/keys, guitar, bass, and drums) with a horn player and singer. You will learn to apply techniques, learned during the instrumental classes, in a practical setting. There will be some 9 combos, which stand for the same amount of different levels.
The combo formations and instrumental classes will be based on the participants’ individual levels. Every player will be tested during the first instrumental classes to find out about his/her individual level. So it is best to prepare one or more pieces in advance.
We improve musical talent! Learning and playing in a group inspires musical talent!
- Are you a beginner and in need of more theoretical knowledge to understand more about pop?
- Is music theory still dark matter?
- What is a blues scale? A pentatonic lick?
- Want to know more about the history of jazz?
- Have you ever wanted to reach for higher music education and need some extra help?
- Heard about dominants but don’t know what they are?
- Is theory always boring?
- Will the understanding of progressions improve your playing?
For all classes, a syllabus with the topics (and much more) will be available.
- Music notation software: MuseScore and Sibelius
- Play-along programs: iRealPro and Band in a Box
- Sequencing: GarageBand and Reaper
- Combination of these software programs
Jam with former clinicians and participants.
Every evening most rooms will be open until Midnight. So you can use them for jamming, in different combinations, with or without guidance, with students or teaching staff.
- Want to jam into the early hours?
- Under the guidance of the teachers?
- Together with some of the teachers?
- Do you want to play with participants from a different level or in another music style?
On Wednesday there is the traditional staff concert and the clinic ends with the final concert of all combos. Of course, family members and friends are welcome at this concert, starting 7:30 PM at Zaal De Put at Destelheide!
Any doubts concerning your level of participation? Send a email to email@example.com
Starting at the age of 15
From August 25th until 30st
August 25th at 10.00 (coffee break at 10.30!)
29th August after the student concert or August 30th after breakfast
Concerts at the Destelheide bar:
Participants’ final concert: August 29th at 7:30PM
Place to be:
Destelheide, Destelheidestraat 66, 1653 Dworp (Brussels, Belgium) www.hanenbos.be
Destelheide is located in Dworp in the province of Vlaams Brabant, 20 km from Brussels and 10 km from Halle. It is a modern building of glass, concrete, and wood in the countryside of Brussels. After more than 40 years of intensive work, the domain still guarantees an inspiring and stimulating living environment where creative activities thrive to the maximum.
!! Don’t forget to bring your instruments!!
Tuition Fee summer 2024
SUPER EARLY BIRDS
registered & paid before 31/3/24
registered & paid after 31/03/24
student (-26 years)
adult (+ 26 years)
late night sessions
19u. – 22u.
ERIC BOSTEELS – KRISTEN CORNWELL – PETER DE PAEPE – FRANK DERRUYTER – CHRISTOPHE DEVISSCHER – PATRICK DORCEAN – BERT EMBRECHTS – WANNES GONNISSEN – SENNE GUNS – SYLVI LANE – TOM LODEWYCKX – HERVE MARTENS – BRUNO MEEUS – ERIC MELAERTS – CARLO MUERINGEN – CHARLES NAGTZAAM – STIJN NORGA – VINCENT PIERINS – KOBE PROESMANS – MICHAEL SCHACK – RAF SCHILLEBEECKX – PATRICK STEENAERTS – JOOST VAN DEN BROECK – DOMINIQUE VANTOMME – WOUTER VAN TORNHOUT – SOFIE VERBRUGGEN – BERT VERSCHUEREN – OLJANA WEYLER – MAARTEN WEYLER